Using a custom insulated bag is a positive step in the right direction for the environment. The normal reusable bag lasts as long as more than 700 disposable plastic bags, so it's safe to say that buying one was the right decision. Using it, on the other hand, can prove to be a challenge at times. Most people think that a reusable bag's usefulness ends at carrying groceries, but there are far more applications than just that. The benefits of reusable bags are as vast as their uses.
- A Grocery Bag: This one is for the people who buy custom insulated bags and then leave them at home when they go shopping. The majority of those plastic bags being thrown into landfills each year come from your weekly trips to the supermarket, so remember to actually use your reusable bags. Leave them in the car if you want.
- Halloween Bags: Next Halloween, give your child a custom insulated bag for their candy. The candy will stay fresh and you won't need to wash their pillowcase when they get home. Decorate the bag with festive features to create a personalized custom insulated bag just for them.
- Lunch Bag: Depending on the size of your bag, you can potentially use it to bring your lunch to school or work. These bags provide great insulation for your food and drinks and provide enough space to hold snacks as well.
- Take Out Bag: If you occasionally indulge in pizza or take out then bring your insulated bag with you next time you go. Rather than using the bags that the take-out place gave you, put the food in your bag. It's also great for picking up pizza or wings since it'll retain the heat and keep the food warm on your trip home.
- Picnic Basket: Whether going to the park or to the beach, an insulated bag is the perfect way to bring along food and beverages. Rather than packing a bulky cooler, simply put everything in your reusable bags and throw an ice pack in there to make sure things stay ice cold on a warm day.
- Pool Bag: Reusable grocery bags make for great pool totes -- use the bag for towels on the way there and then wet clothes on the way out. Insulated bags will keep the water from leaking out and provide an easy-to-carry, inconspicuous laundry bag!
The list doesn't end here, there are so many more possibilities for your reusable grocery bag. Get creative and find great new ways to eliminate disposable bags.