If you're offering plastic shopping bags to your customers, you should probably contact a wholesale tote bag supplier and hop on the reusable bandwagon. There are so many benefits of reusable bags rather than plastic ones that end up being thrown out and making up more than 10% of debris that ends up on U.S. shorelines. Here are a few reasons why your shoppers will enjoy reusable bags over disposable.
- Durability -- Reusable bags are much more durable than traditional plastic shopping bags. Because these reusable bags are so much sturdier and stronger, they can endure many shopping trips over the years, compared to disposable plastic bags that can barely hold a gallon of milk without breaking.
- Improve the Environment -- Perhaps the greatest benefit to using reusable grocery bags is the positive effect it has on the environment. For every one shopper that uses reusable shopping bags during their lifetime, more than 22,000 plastic bags are saved from littering the environment. Ireland, the first European country to tax plastic bags, ended up decreasing its plastic bag use by a whole 90% since 2002, which actually cut nationwide plastic bag usage down by 1.08 billion.
- Possible Incentives -- If you wish to follow the trend of some grocery stores, you can offer some sort of discount or benefit program to people who use reusable bags. It doesn't always have to be cost-related, but just showing that your customers are appreciated for their environmentally conscious decision can go a long way.
- Save Birds, Turtles, and Other Animals -- Every year, hundreds of thousands of these air, sea, and land animals end up dying from ingesting plastic. Because plastic isn't biodegradable and takes years and years to break down, the plastic ends up blocking their digestive tract, subsequently starving them to death. If every shopper in the world knew the dangers of throwing out plastic bags, the world would be a lot better.
- Preserve Oil -- If we stop producing these plastic bags in the first place, we will have so much more oil to be used for other purposes. It takes roughly 12 million barrels of oil to produce all the plastic bags that are used in the U.S. every year.
Be a part of the change that will improve the environment by contacting a wholesale tote bag supplier. Contact Holden Bags if you want to speak to an experienced wholesale tote bag supplier and join the reusable movement.